Note from the Director
Students have started their fifth grading cycle, and I am looking forward to seeing each of our parents at the upcoming Parent Teacher Conference. Please keep in consistent contact with teachers as we get closer to the end of the school year.
Wishing you an enjoyable Spring Break with your family!
DeBakey High School – Qatar is now accepting applications for the 2015 – 2016 School Year! We are considering applications for grades 7 – 10 only.
If you have any children or relatives who would like to be considered for next school year’s enrollment, now is the time to begin the application process.
We have a bright future ahead!Apply for Admissions
Our RenWeb system is an excellent tool for parents to use to keep track of their child’s academic performance in class.
The school will continue to send progress reports halfway through each cycle, but RenWeb allows ongoing access to student: grades, conduct, and tardy/absence recordings. Teacher contact information is also available through the RenWeb system. Please use the link below for directions on how to set up a Parent RenWeb account if you do not currently have access.
Spring break: April 5 – 9, 2015
Students are not to attend school during the dates listed above.
Please note that excused absences will not be permitted for extended vacation times beyond the listed holiday.
Our Tardy Policy is designed to ensure students are in class receiving their education. Excessive absence and tardiness to class disrupts the student’s learning. Please review the policy with your child, as we hold each student accountable for their consistent presence in class.
- Weill Cornell Winter Program Completion
- World Book Day
- Grades 7 & 8 Math Students Celebrate Pi Day
- Art Department Field Trip
- Debate Competitors Progress To Nationals
- UK Universities Visit
- Coding is Cool Workshop – Robotics
- Best Buddies Volunteer Event
- Senior Class Office Breakfast
- Eco Day
- Olympic Sports Programs Competed in Nationals
- Qatar University Orientation
- Quran Competition
- On-going Fire Drill Practice
- Mohammed Al Ajmi (Grade 12) won group competition at ROTA Empower Youth Conference and selected as Qatar delegate for National Young Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Flora Fang (Grade 11) accepted to participate in Stanford University Summer Program
- Yousef & Maaz Al Gailey (Grade 9) competed in Taekwondo Competition on State & International Level
- Bander Al Abdulla (Grade 10) accepted on Qatar National Basketball Team
The Spring Semester Parent/Teacher Conference will be held on April 23 & 25, 2015. This conference time will allow for a brief 5 minute meeting with the teacher. If more time is needed, please schedule individual meetings on a different day. Teacher contact information is provided on RenWeb.
- Grades 7, 8, 9: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
- Grades 10, 11, 12: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 9 AM – 11 AM