The STEAM Department’s classroom teacher creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students, in order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students.
Also, the teacher shares the STEAM approach of education, removing limitations and labels and replacing them with wonder, critique, inquiry and innovation. The main goal of the STEAM Department’s Classroom teacher is to develop student’s Creativity and the use of Technology to prepare them for the 21st century jobs.
- Use planning and preparation time effectively.
- Promote a positive classroom environment.
- Provide quality instruction.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional responsibilities.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of DeBakey High School.
- Comply with all School’s policies, rules and regulations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, but preferred Master’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Teaching License/Certificate is preferred
- Teaching experience in accredited schools