This Dress Code for the 2021-2022 school year represents standards of Michael E. DeBakey High School for Health Professions-Qatar.
Required attire: In order to maintain uniformity, School uniforms will be purchased only from Authorized dealer as assigned by DeBakey
Lower School (Grade 5,6,7 and 8)
|Dress-up Day (Once a Week)|
Upper School (Grade 9,10,11 and 12)
|Dress-up Day (Once a Week)|
NON UNIFORM DAY DRESS CODE
Non-Uniform is a great way to express yourself. However, students must abide to the following school dress code.
Students may not wear apparel that depicts:
- Inappropriate slogans, Alcohol or tobacco products, Drugs, Gore, Death, Obscene language or themes that promotes, hate/and or violence
Students may not wear the following:
- Sloppy or torn clothing
- Spandex pants and/or sagging pants
- Tank tops, knotted shirts, or and/or tops that expose the midriff shirts
- Pants with loops without a belt not tucked in
- Gang related clothing
- Shorts, dresses or skirts should be below the knee
- Muscle shirts without a sleeved shirt
- Undergarments as outerwear/undergarments that can be seen
- Provocative/revealing shirts, halter tops, jersey dresses, “spaghetti-strap” tops, fish-net, or see-through clothing and bedtime attire
- Extremely tight clothing (tight leggings)
- Short Pants / Walking shorts
- High heel shoes – flip flop shoes – crocs
- No hoodies. No onesie.
- No cultural attire allowed unless identified permissible by the Non-Uniform Day Theme of the day.
The following accessories are not permissible:
- Hats, caps, hair rollers, hair curlers, plastic hair bags, hair nets
- Head coverings (bandanas, sweat bands, skull caps, dew rags)
- Towels (or rags) hanging from pockets or shoulders or neck
- Earrings on boys
- Visible body piercing, visible tattoos, nose rings, tongue rings, studs or piercing on school campus or at school-sponsored activities
- Jewelry or artifacts that are distracting
- Spiked bracelets or belts or any attire that could be used as a weapon
- Heavy makeup-colored eye shadow-long nails
- Girls are not allowed to wear any nail polish on their nails
- No more than 1-piece earring – long dandling earring
- No ankle bracelets
- No make-up
- A student’s hair must always be kept clean and tidy.
- Hair, beards and mustaches must be neatly groomed.
Students will not be allowed to attend class wearing a hair style that is distracting to the learning environment such as (but not limited to):
- The style of the hair should not be extreme including but not limited to Mohawk, large afro, shaved styles and/or patterns, hair tied up and braided.
- The hair color must be the student’s own natural color; no dye nor highlights are allowed. Non-standard hair colors, bright colored hair (red, purple, blue, yellow, etc.)
- Spiked hair higher than one inches
- No pony tails or buns. (applies to boys)
- No asymmetrical hairstyles; such as bald shave on one side and hair on other side
- Hair length not exceed one inch (applies to boys)
- All male students should have a school boy haircut. Hair should be kept clean, out of the eyes, and above the collar. The length of the hair should not be longer than 1 inch. Hair should not be touching the shirt collar and should be off the face.
- The fringe/bangs when straightened or combed down must not hang in the eyes
List of Michael E. DeBakey High School for Health Professions–Qatar Uniform Suppliers
Glorex Trading Co.
Tel: 4467 74443/44674445