1. Academic Adviser
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct students to provide them with sources of vocational/technical, career, college, information and work.
- Maintain a library of catalogs, pamphlets and directories from colleges, technical schools and military academies. This information shall include forms, scholarship information, financial aid information, and occupational briefs.
- Provide newsletters and other information to parents/guardians and students that relate to testing dates, college visitation dates, deadlines for filing applications, presentations that are held for career speakers and dates of military recruiter visits.
- Direct students to appropriate Internet sites that will allow students to conduct their own interest inventories and secure information about an array of vocational, career and post high school experiences.
- Organize, interpret and administer interest and achievement testing for students.
- Organize and coordinate the College Fairs.
- Organize and coordinate individual visits from college representatives.
- Initiate contacts with professionals in the community and arrange for students to job shadow.
- Assist outside agencies visiting the school and speaking to groups of interested students. This shall include military, college and technical school representatives and representatives of careers available without post-secondary training.
- Maintain information on institutions that offer scholarships.
- Meet with students prior to and during the registration process, inform the students of classes relative to course selection and assist the administration in the registration and scheduling process.
- Meet with students individually or in groups to discuss credits, courses and entrance exams required by colleges and technical schools.
- Advise students regarding the accuracy and completeness of records and credits and perform periodic credit checks from grades 9 through 12 with an emphasis on the senior year.
- Communicate in writing and/or verbally to parents/guardians of senior students who are deficient in their credit status.
- Coordinate the standardized testing program at the high school and compile and disseminate test results to appropriate personnel, students and parents/guardians.
- Act as a referral agent in the regular education staffing by receiving referrals from staff, making contact with the student and possibly the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) and conducting conferences to determine potential outcomes.
- Provide a link between students and appropriate community resources and outside agencies in Qatar, adolescent day treatment programs, hospital-based counseling programs and Qatar Protective Services.
- Assist students in alternative programs by receiving referrals from administrators, teachers, parents/guardians and students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Three years teaching experience.
- Must possess teaching license with school counselor endorsement.
2. IT Services Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the admissions, records, and registration procedures of the school.
- Monitor and maintain the school IT Infrastructure.
- Monitor and maintain the school email system (Microsoft Office 365).
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and applications (Desktops, Laptops & Servers).
- Monitoring and maintain data systems and networks.
- Monitor and enable school telecommunication networks and systems (eg. Ooredoo)
- Support school users through a series of actions, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnose, and solve hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts if required.
- Provide daily support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Support the rollout of new applications.
- Set up new users’ accounts, profiles and resolve with password issues.
- Prioritize and manage open cases effectively.
- Test and evaluate new technologies to meet school requirements.
- Provide recommendations to improve the organization’s IT systems.
- Monitor the Internet and email usage of school users.
- Install, configure & troubleshoot Promethean Boards and guide/teach the users through its features and usage.
- Install/Configure “Microsoft Classroom” to meet the requirements suggested by school IT Committee.
- Prepare all IT support for school activities like (Debates, Assembly Hall Presentations, Auditorium Presentations, Conferences… etc.) and support the activities with required IT tools.
- Support and communicate with parents and students to guide them through RENWEB usage (User Creation, Resetting Passwords, Viewing Student Information …etc.).
- Update the school SMS System and communicating with parents by sending announcements and notifications (Using the SMS System).
- Check & patch required Microsoft updates on all school desktops and staff laptops.
- Install required Microsoft Office applications and configuring their updates.
- Manage “Shutting Down” procedures in case of emergencies (Like Electricity Shutdown).
- Assist in installing required applications on school’s tablets based on education and teachers’ requirements.
- Install and Deploy Symantec End Point Protection.
- Support scheduling & enter course requests.
- Enter elective courses based on parents’ selections.
- Provide curriculum department and teachers with customized reports from RENWEB.
- Configure and support administrating of MAP Tests.
- Configure and support administrating of STANFORD Tests.
- Update all staff information in SEC HR System.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior leadership of the school.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT services.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in K-12 IT support.