This Dress Code for the 2019-2020 school year represents standards of Michael E. DeBakey High School for Health Professions-Qatar.
Required attire: In order to maintain uniformity, School uniforms will be purchased only from Authorized dealer as assigned by DeBakey
Lower School (Grade 5,6,7 and 8)
|Dress-up Day (Once a Week)|
Upper School (Grade 9,10,11 and 12)
|Dress-up Day (Once a Week)|
NON UNIFORM DAY DRESS CODE
Non-Uniform is a great way to express yourself. However, students must abide to the following school dress code.
Students may not wear apparel that depicts:
- Inappropriate slogans, Alcohol or tobacco products, Drugs, Gore, Death, Obscene language or themes that promotes, hate/and or violence
- Students may not wear Head coverings (bandanas, sweat bands, skull caps, dew rags) Hats, caps,
Students may not wear the following:
- Sloppy or torn clothing
- Spandex pants and/or sagging pants
- Tank tops, knotted shirts, or and/or tops that expose the midriff shirts
- Pants with loops without a belt not tucked in
- Gang related clothing
- Shorts, dresses or skirts should be below the knee
- Muscle shirts without a sleeved shirt
- Undergarments as outerwear/undergarments that can be seen
- Provocative/revealing shirts, halter tops, jersey dresses, “spaghetti-strap” tops, fish-net, or see-through clothing and bedtime attire
- Extremely tight clothing (tight leggings)
- Short Pants / Walking shorts
- High heel shoes – flip flop shoes – crocs
- No hoodies. No onesie.
- No cultural attire allowed unless identified permissible by the Non-Uniform Day Theme of the day.
The following accessories are not permissible:
- Hats, caps, hair rollers, hair curlers, plastic hair bags, hair nets
- Head coverings (bandanas, sweat bands, skull caps, dew rags)
- Towels (or rags) hanging from pockets or shoulders or neck
- Earrings on boys
- Visible body piercing, visible tattoos, nose rings, tongue rings, studs or piercing on school campus or at school-sponsored activities
- Jewelry or artifacts that are distracting
- Spiked bracelets or belts or any attire that could be used as a weapon
- Heavy makeup-colored eye shadow-long nails
- Girls are not allowed to wear any nail polish on their nails
- No more than 1-piece earring – long dandling earring
- No ankle bracelets
- No make-up
- A student’s hair must always be kept clean and tidy.
- Hair, beards and mustaches must be neatly groomed.
Students will not be allowed to attend class wearing a hair style that is distracting to the learning environment such as (but not limited to):
- The style of the hair should not be extreme including but not limited to Mohawk, large afro, shaved styles and/or patterns, hair tied up and braided.
- The hair color must be the student’s own natural color; no dye nor highlights are allowed. Non-standard hair colors, bright colored hair (red, purple, blue, yellow, etc.)
- Spiked hair higher than one inches
- No pony tails or buns. (applies to boys)
- No asymmetrical hairstyles; such as bald shave on one side and hair on other side
- Hair length not exceed one inch (applies to boys)
- All male students should have a school boy haircut. Hair should be kept clean, out of the eyes, and above the collar. The length of the hair should not be longer than 1 inch. Hair should not be touching the shirt collar and should be off the face.
- The fringe/bangs when straightened or combed down must not hang in the eyes
List of Michael E. DeBakey High School for Health Professions–Qatar Uniform Suppliers
PO Box 18759, Doha, Qatar
Souq Nasser Bin Saif, 1st Floor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com